Dear Class of 2022

Amanda Kaczorowski, Sports Editor

Welcome to Ramsey High School! My sole purpose as Supervisor of Education Grades 9-12 & Student Welfare is to ensure that each of you have the most positive high school experience possible! As you start your high school career, I ask that think you consider what you are working toward. Are you working toward a 4 year college, a 2 year college, an entrance into the workforce, starting your own business, or entering the military… what steps are required to achieve your goals? Most importantly, it is OK if you don’t have the all of the answers right now. After all, High School is the time in which you can explore your passion, discover your interests, and work with our stellar staff to investigate the steps required to help you reach your goals.

At Ramsey High School we consider ourselves an open and genuine community of learners. Throughout the course of your High School career you will hear Dr. Thumm state, “This is OUR school.” Inherently, that means we are responsible for each other. We care for one another, and we treat each other with respect at all times. Ramsey High School cultivates an environment where innovation is at the forefront. This commitment to innovation allows students, teachers, and administrators to embrace new ideas, and to NOT be afraid to fail. We strongly suggest that you try new things, and work hard to constantly strive for the next solution, be ahead of the next trend, embrace the process, and use failures as a lesson rather than a result. We do not fear failure – we fear mediocrity and apathy.

Ramsey has the right people in the right places for the right reasons. From the guidance department to the science department, from the administration to the custodians, every single person in this building wants you to be great. It is your responsibility to make sure the the people you surround yourself are helping you achieve your goals and adding value to your life. We have clubs, sports, fine arts, supports, and, most importantly, individual care that will push you to be great people every single day you are at Ramsey.

I am here to work with you and to work for you to help make our school the best high school in the state. Please feel free to come see me if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Mr. Esdale