Meet Mr. Craumer!

Amanda Kaczorowski, Sports Editor

Welcome to Ramsey High School Mr. Craumer! Our interim athletic director will be with us for the next few months as the search for a permanent Athletic Director is underway. While he is somber regarding the circumstances of acquiring his newfound position, he is eager to uphold the strong tradition of Ramsey Athletics established by Mr. Grasso and Mr. Molino, stating that his role is to “keep the train on the tracks.”

Originally from Corning, NY, Mr. Craumer is no stranger to the world of sports, playing baseball and basketball in high school, and moving on to play basketball for four years at Hartwick College. At Hartwick, he received a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in History and a Masters degree in education. From there, he returned to Corning as a middle school history teacher, where he remained for seven years.

Mr. Craumer then made the jump to New Jersey, teaching in Tenafly and coaching the boys’ basketball and tennis teams until he moved on to the position of Athletic Director. In addition, he is a member of the Bergen County Jamboree Committee, an organization supporting youth basketball in Bergen County. Taking this into consideration with his playing and coaching experiences, Mr. Craumer is obviously an avid hoops supporter. While his participation in basketball certainly elevates his enthusiasm, he enjoys watching all sports, and cannot wait to cheer on the teams of RHS as they succeed in the fall season and beyond.

Drawing from his own experience as an athlete, Mr. Craumer urges the student athletes of Ramsey to take advantage of each opportunity they get – effectively, leaving it all on the court, field, course, track, or at the various remaining sports venues. His own favorite memories of his athletics experiences were the friendships and memories he made.

As he gets to know the school, Mr. Craumer would like to send one message to the student body. “Most importantly, I would like everyone to know that as Mr. Grasso told me in July – this is a great place to work, and a great place to be. He was most sincere, and I’ve come to realize in the short time I’ve been here that Ramsey High School is indeed a terrific school. Thank you for making me feel welcome and at home. Go Rams!”