• School Closed 11/23 and 11/24 for Thanksgiving

• See the RHS Fall Play from 11/15-11/18!

Victoria Sebastian Pitches Her Way to Athlete of the Week

William Kennedy, Managing Editor

Ramsey High’s softball team continues to notch victories in a stellar 28-0 undefeated season, most recently knocking off the Jefferson Falcons. A big contribution to the team’s success has been the season turned in by pitcher Victoria Sebastian, who jacked a two run home run against Jefferson knocking her own sister, Olivia, in, while also getting the pitching victory. Catcher Ryan Henry would put the final nail in the coffin of Jefferson’s season with a walk off home run later in the game.

Sophomore Victoria has enjoyed similar success throughout her sophomore season, roaring back from a knee injury that cut short her freshman season last year. On April 10th, she was recognized as the Bergen Record Athlete of the Week after pitching 26 shutout innings with 41 strikeouts, on the way to a 5-0 pitching record early in the season. Two of the games in that span were one-hitters against Westwood and Indian Hills. She also contributed at the plate, going 7 for 16 (.438) in that span with two home runs.

Getting contributions up and down the line up and in the field has been a hallmark of this squad and a key factor in their success. According to Victoria, “As a team we really bonded from the beginning. We went on the Florida trip, so that was really like a team bonding activity…It’s exciting, it goes faster than you think.”

The team has won a county title as well as a state sectional title, and is well situated to compete in the future. Two seniors, Maddie Taradash and captain McKenzie Bishop who anchor the left side of the infield, will be sorely missed, but beyond that, this is a team of underclassmen that will compete for Ramsey High for years to come.