The Ramsey Winter Track Team is on Track for Greatness

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kaelin Farley, Staff Writer

Ramsey’s track team has brought home multiple wins this season, with the girls team claiming the Big North Patriot League title and their fourth consecutive Bergen County Relay title. Although winter track does not receive the most attention from sports spectators, the Ramsey High School team consistently earns county and statewide titles. The girls track team reigned in their fourth consecutive Bergen County Title.

The girls travelled to the Armory Track in New York City on January 24th with a team of eighteen girls. They were able to accumulate ninety-two points across twelve events, and ultimately managed to maintain their winning streak. The streak began in 2015, and the girls have won every year since then, fiercely competing against other schools such as River Dell to bring home the win. The girls track team also brought home the 2018 Big North Patriot League Winter Track title this past January. On January 17th, the team of nineteen girls travelled to the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex where they gathered 109 points in total. These victories put the Ramsey girls track team on top, being the best in the county and league.

The Ramsey boys track team has also made some substantial impacts at meets this season. The freshman boys 4×400 team came in first at both the Ed Church Invitational meet and the Paul Schwartz Invitational meet. Ramsey also earned gold medals in the Freshman 800 race at the Paul Schwartz Invitational meet, the varsity 1600 race, and the 4×400 race at the winter games. Additionally, the 4×800 varsity team won a gold medal at the Zaccone Invitational meet. Although the boys lacked a title this season, they definitely made some waves in the meets.

The Ramsey track team had a busy season. With the girls team bringing home multiple titles and the boys team making large impacts in the county, head Coach Mr. Wynne can’t help but be proud of all of his athletes.