A Different Look to Senior Year

A Different Look to Senior Year

Robin Falkow, Photography Editor

It’s no doubt that this school year has been off to a wild start, especially for the senior class. From the outdoor senior run to the pressures of the college process, the Class of 2021 has had to adjust to their surroundings in major ways over the last 8 months. I interviewed classmates about how their senior experience has been so far and what they think the year will look like, here were their responses:

Senior Class President, Tanner Kleinberg says: “Although each week seems to bring new surprises, I can wholeheartedly say that school, so far, has been fantastic. The unity that our friends, teammates, teachers, and staff have shown with the return of school has inspired the entire Ramsey community. What once seemed far-fetched a few months ago has become reality thanks to the amazing work of all the staff at each school in town. Under the current circumstances, I am grateful to be where we are today: playing sports, singing, acting, learning, and interacting”

Ava Dolcemascolo: “My senior experience has been different than expected so far. One major difference of my senior  year compared to other students’ in the past is the college admissions process. It has been challenging to visit colleges, schedule interviews, and complete applications. Although, Ramsey High School still gave students the opportunity to take the same amazing courses for our senior year. One highlight of my year so far has been creating my Profile Project throughout my seminar course. Working with Mr. Esdale and other RHS staff members on creating GoRamsTV, will not only benefit myself but the entire Ramsey community. GoRamsTV is a streaming service created to highlight academics, activities, athletics, alumni, and the arts, to bring our community together in a time where we must stay apart. I am looking forward to finding out what the rest of my senior year holds!”

Patrick Chambers: “So far, my senior experience has been decent I’d say. Although it’s not the senior year I was hoping for, I’m glad that I’m still able to get little pieces of it here and there. I’m grateful to the adults in charge, especially the Coaches Schmarge and Distaso for being able to throw together a season for cross country, and for Mr. Gipple for organizing a fall play. I am holding hope that the situation will eventually turn around during the school year and we will have a fun end to the year. All you can do is roll with the punches!”

Amber Clark writes: “This senior year will definitely be one to remember with all of its ups and downs! Although I wish I were able to see all of my friends in the other cohort, I am still grateful to be back in school again. The beginning of this year has undoubtedly been crazy, trying to juggle school work, the hybrid schedule and college applications. Once we all push past applications, I can’t wait to spend the rest of my time in Ramsey having fun! I’m hoping that, in the future, we will be able to have more opportunities to do senior activities so that it still feels like a real last year. Go rams!!”

Even with all of the changes to this year, it is hopeful to see that the Class of 2021 is keeping an open mind and looking forward to their final year at RHS.